Easy Passion Fruit Slice
1 cup sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup self-raising flour
125 g butter, melted
1 (395 g) cans condensed milk
1 (170 g) cans passion fruit pulp, in syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 160 if using a fan-forced oven. Line a 22 cm square pan or a slice tin.
2. Combine all ingredients for the slice base and press into the prepared pan.
3. Bake 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. The base is still soft while hot, but will harden as it cools. The base will be light in colour.
4. Using a bowl, combine the can of condensed milk and the passion fruit pulp.
5. Spread the passion fruit mixture over the slice base and return to the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the topping is just firm to the touch.
6. Remove from oven, allow to cool 15 minutes and then chill until set.
7. Cut into squares to serve.