Sticky Passionfruit Slice
1 cup flour
½ cup caster sugar
100g butter, cubed
1 ½ cups caster sugar
½ cup passionfruit pulp (from 6-7 small
¼ cup plain flour, sifted
Prepare the Base
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Line 17x27cm tin with non-
stick baking paper.
2. Place flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and
pulse to sift.
3. Add butter and process to resemble fine breadcrumbs.
4. Press crumbs evenly over base of prepared tin (or you could
also use a pre-made sweet short pastry).
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Reduce oven to 140°C
Prepare the Filling
1. Whisk eggs and sugar together until very thick and pale (this can also be done in the food
2. Whisk in the passionfruit pulp and then the flour.
3. Pour over crust and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
4. Cool completely before removing from the tin and cutting into squares with a hot wet knife.
Serve dusted with icing sugar. Makes about 15 squares.